Sunday, June 23, 2013

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'.

Better late than never but I must confess that I was majorly impressed with the Summit!  For a first year event, it blew me away.  It was organized, not overcrowded and ran on time.  The teams were the best of the best!  I am sure next year will be even better.

This competition will always hold a special place in my heart because it will probably be the last competition my daughter will ever compete at as an all-star cheerleader.

It was also very special because another gym needed an athlete to fill in and asked my daughter.  We of course asked for permission of our gym.  We were so grateful they let us help out the other team.  We are so proud that she learned the routine in 2 and a half weeks.  Cheer Florida is an amazing program and they made my daughter feel so welcome. Rob & Katia Goldstein are wonderful parents as well as gym owners.  My daughter got the pleasure to base their daughter Becca who is an all around amazing cheerleader.  Each and every practice these parents supported these kids and made them feel like champions.  The first practice my daughter attended she was greeted with a great big blingy sign welcoming her!  The coaches were amazing as well.  Rachal lead them to a 3rd place win at the Summit. What a great way for my daughter to end her cheer career.

Unfortunately, shortly after returning from the Summit she was working on standing tucks and broke her Left Tibia.  In 2011, she was diagnosed with Monostotic Fibrous Dysplaysia.  She was told she could still do sports but she needed to be careful.  She broke her Left Tibia in March 2012, so after her diagnosis and 2 breaks the doctor has not cleared her to cheer.

So, we do not know where we will go from here. She is in a cast for a couple weeks then an air cast and maybe surgery.  We shall see what the future brings.

Keep Calm and Blog On,

No comments:

Post a Comment