Sunday, January 20, 2013

Yes, I'm Back!

Well, ladies and gentlemen and as Arnold Schwarzenegger says:

 photo arnold21_zps23216a1b.png

I must confess:
 “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” 
― Marilyn Monroe

I think about the above quote often as I was often like that.  We all have our bad moments or we wouldn't be human.  I thought about deleting the past blogs and the nasty comments and drama but I decided to leave it.  I am not going to deny I had some drama.  I am not going to act like nothing ever happened.  I have had time to reflect and I see things very differently now.   I did what I thought was best for my daughter.  I fought for her and made myself look often crazy for her.

After almost a years absence, my daughter is set to hit the blue matt this afternoon.  She is not a flyer, she does not have last pass and I don't even know if she is in front row but what I do know is she is happy.  The team, coaches and owner treat her well.  They were very welcoming when she joined the team and included her right away.  I may be like Marilyn Monroe but my daughter is not.  She is like her Dad.  She internalizes things and she is better at letting things go than I am.

To reflect back:
Year 1: Mini Level 2
Year 2: Mini Level 2
Year 3: Mini Level 2
Year 4: Youth Level 2
Year 5: Senior Level 3
Year 6: Senior Level 3

Today, she is competing as a Youth Level 2 after last season's 4 casts and a concussion.  I am so proud of her.  She hasn't been this happy in a long time.

A lot has changed this past year.  My daughter confessed she never wants to go to Worlds unless it is to watch.  She just wants to have fun.  So, as Nike says "Just Do it!"

I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you in the industry for your support.

Let's go Flip City All-Stars! Good Luck to all of the team competing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment