Sunday, February 12, 2012

Live a life youre proud of and if you need to, have the strength to start all over again.

Today is a new competition today, I am so excited.  I get to see lots of friends from my old gym and friends that I have met along the way doing my bow business. 

I must confess that the saying is true the "Grass isn't greener on the other side." 

I got some pretty nasty comments on my last blog which was so hard to write because it was a contest and it I was trying to tie in sweating it out to the product that was being given away.  I wasn't trying to put all my current gym's drama out there for the world to read.  That was not my intention.  In addition, my daughter has been doing cheer for 6 years and the sport has gone progressively more competitive over these 6 years.  In that time, I have been at 3 gyms.  And the same drama happens at them all but with different characters playing the part.  So my advice to all of you is to either get a thick skin and keep to yourself or don't even get involved in the sport.  My son is in baseball and we really don't have any drama there. 

I really like and respect the owners of our gym, sometimes I think they should put a stop to the drama but they can't.  It will consume them like it consumes those involved in it.  They have lives also.

We get really emotional when it comes to our children.  We want them to be happy.  We are like a Mama Bear protecting her cubs.  We will go after anyone that hurts them.  It is good to want to protect them and that is all I want to do. 


Here is my biggest confession of all, I don't want my daughter to be a flyer.  It scares the heck out of me.  I miss the days when she was a base or a front spot.  Yeah, if someone fell she still got blamed but did she have a high risk of getting hurt, not really. 

Unfortunately, I am a tax accountant but fortunately I retired this year to focus on my bow business.  So, historically cheer season has been the most stressful time of the year for me and my family.   So, I let a lot of things bother me that normally wouldn't have.

The last gym I was at I got to know the owner pretty well, I considered her like family.  Now, I look back on things and wish I had handled things differently.  I miss her dearly as a friend and a as a Coach.  She was a role model and a mentor for my daughter.  A lot of times, she had to make some tough decisions.  Maybe she didn't always say things the way I wanted them to but she did the best she could. 

Good Luck at competition today everyone!

Peace, Love & Cheer,




No comments:

Post a Comment