Monday, November 1, 2010

“Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.”

I must confess sometimes I choose the wrong people to associate with.  BIG SHOCK, huh? Not!

I think we all get involved with our kids sports and get involved with the drama once in a while.  My question to you "How to you get out of it once you are in it?"  
I wish I had the answer to this question.  Well, the one thing I know is that it is not realistic in life to think that everyone will like you.  I personally want to be liked by everyone so every once in a while I have to remind myself that it's just not normal.  I know how to avoid getting involved with the drama from the beginning but if you can't start over then what do you do?  

We have to remember why we are there.  We are there for the kids not for ourselves.  Yes, we don't want to be miserable while we are there but we can't care what anyone else thinks.  I think there is always a flavor of the month.  After a while, they will find someone else to talk to or talk about.  So, back away from those people who pull you into the drama.  It will pass.  If you have too much time on your hands, well get a job, find a hobby or clean the house!  You can do it!!

 
 Peace, Love & Cheer








3 comments:

  1. To stay away from drama, one has to recognise there will always be drama and choose to block it out.
    We all want to be liked, as you mentioned and sometimes we will be hurt by what others say or think of us. Cool article....
    THE DUCHESNE
    http://www.theduchesne.blogspot.com

    Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think personally its the ones making the remarks, etc that have too much time on their hands :)

    I think I saw more bitchiness in my son's school playground and sports meets than I ever did when I was at school. You have the right attitude and you just have to rise above it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,

    Thanks for blog hopping on our website.

    You have a nice website but unfortunately, our current theme is "Fashion" and hence, your blog link has been removed.

    We look forward to having you on-board the next round, when we have a theme relating to your blog.

    Meanwhile, our online store "Korean Fashion Indulgence" has extended our support to your blog by becoming one of your followers.

    Sorry for the disappointment and thanks for your interest and we hope you will continue to visit our website in future.

    Have a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete