40 Tips for a Experiencing a Happier,Healthier and More Satisfying Life
( This was sent to me by a friend which I have now modified greatly,including the title, to represent more of the sensibility I resonate with. I hope you find it helpful).
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk in nature every day. And while you walk SMILE!
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day and meditate on being one.
3. When you wake up in the morning, say" I am alive, therefore I am blessed".
4- Then complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today."Then visualize the kind of day you really want and see yourself feeling this way"
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.
7. Make time to practice your spirituality.It provides you with daily fuel for your busy life.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Breath deeper with mindfulness
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink plenty of water and take daily supplements to nourish your body.
12. Make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, and your desk, and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, OR issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16.Appreciate each person you meet or think about .
17. Smile and laugh more..for no reason at all except that you are alive!
18. This world may not always seem fair, but it it's a perfect opportunity to learn and grow.
19. This incarnation is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously,lighten up and remember you are Pure,Free and Forever.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.Be happy,not necessarily right.
22. Make peace with your past and forgive so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others as this feeds the ego. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
26. Forgive everyone for everything,especially yourself
27. Don't concern yourself with what other people think of you. Follow your heart and share only peace and all shall be given unto you
28. REMEMBER, GOD heals everything and you ARE one with Your Creator,whole and complete
29 . However good or bad a situation is, it will change,but you as the Knower of both is unchanging.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends & family will. Stay in touch and build a strong sense of community.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy and fear is a waste of time. You already have all you need and are invincible and immortal
33. Reach out and take hold of your life to and never compromise your heart.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up live each moment to the fullest as if you are madly in love.
35. Do the best you can in whatever you do even though your best may vary day to day
36. Make no assumptions,when in doubt,communicate!
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________ Today I gave of my heart _________.
38. Actively release any pent up frustration,anger or fear in a healthy way that doesn't give it to another so that you never repress it in your body.
39. Ground yourself daily so that you feel the earth and actually hold something of nature in your hands to experience its' presence.
40. Make no decisions by yourself,connect to the Space in your heart and ask your inner guru to guide you.